What started as Annapolis’s largest and best 4th of July Party has grown to encompass a March sock burning, April and October Boat Show, bonfires and S’more roasts, our Blue Angels day cookout, August’s Mediterranean barbecue, a late September Oktoberfest, our end of season PotLuck, a late November boat decorating party and a December “Light Parade” happy hour and sendoff.
These events have proven a great way for members to socialize, find crew, and develop friendships. Check out the video linked above and the gallery below:
While cold weather and rough seas force us to pull our Rainbows for the winter, we can still use the winter to grow our sailing brains. With a rotating roster of lectures and seminars by experts in their fields we try to keep the learning going all year long.
- Member-led discussions on racing
- Weather lectures from Ryan Miller at channel 4 NBC Washington
- Knot-tying with instructor Jonah
- “The Fighting Age of Sail” with Grant Walker from the United States Naval Academy
- Hands-on cooking class, “Cooking aboard” from KBC Director and chef Ian
Here are some highlights:
Check our YouTube page for more: